--- the subscriber area has no ads ---
CQH OMIB and year end notes +2
A little while ago, a subscriber wrote, saying:
It is almost one year, I appreciate what you did for me... I have a suggestion... would you give us a list with some scale (1 to 10) for those stocks in your pick list, 10 is bright future, and 1 is no too much future.Let me start by saying, that I appreciate all of you that have subscribed very much also. I genuinely hope that I am helping. I wish you all Happy Holidays, and a bright 2018 in which you enjoy life well beyond the world of markets and money.
To express my appreciation, I'm guaranteeing that subscribers
will never see an increase in the price of their subscription, so
long as it remains continuous. That will go for any gift
subscriptions between now and year end that you might wish to
give, as well. The guarantee might seem trivial, but I'm still
fairly young for someone who has left behind working for others.
As such, I expect the service to go on for decades and inflation
seems to finally be a rising long-term risk, much to the delight
of the FOMC. Consider that the first macro note.
In 2018 we do plan to add direct credit card processing to the site, rather than working through PayPal. That should be followed by more material means of offering rewards to subscribers, and accepting payments in Euros. I'd like to close my general comments by thanking the subscriber who made this suggestion, in particular, and those of you who have recommended CrowdWisers in comments on Seeking Alpha and elsewhere.
I am including all 25 stocks with sections on the site, not just
those in the picks section, but I'm only splitting the list into
Buyable, Holdable, and Avoid. In practice, I find that different
opportunities are better for different investors at any given
time, making numbers across different stocks not very useful.
That's why the main purpose of my service is to educate and
inform, thereby keeping investors well-prepared to make their own
decisions. That said, the list is roughly ordered with better
opportunities first. Most of those in the Holdable section are
good companies which are not currently at especially favorable
prices. Note that I'm still never opposed to taking some profits
in such situations, especially with favorable tax treatment. For
many investment entities, that could change abruptly come Jan 1st,
when new tax code makes profit taking suddenly more advantageous.
I don't expect a big or sustained move, but it's an effect that
could enhance some other negative catalyst in 2018. Let that
stand as the other macro note.
- AES - add concern about Fluence being closed by the year-end
projection to the list of short-term factors recently discussed,
but a minor delay would be of minor concern.
- CTL - remains under-priced, which I expect to be amended in
the new year.
- CQH: As per the title, this is the only stock on in this note with new information. 8788 shares of CQP were bought on the open market by a Director on Wednesday, December 20th. Although the two are not entirely the same, I still prefer CQH.
- CVA - probably fully priced at the moment, but the GIG deal is
a long term game changer.
- WPRT - of course, early in the year was the real time to buy,
but HPDI success would still lead to share appreciation.
- AUO - I've been looking for an opportunity to call out the
shift towards solar, but I still don't think the price is right,
especially given competition in the display market.
- FIT - there has been promotional activity which could signal
- NYLD - outside investment will be make or break
- OLED - may rise above current levels in 2018, but is overpriced and risky for the long term.
- AMSC - it has gotten cheap and started to rise again, but bad
management is still bad management, despite efforts to cut
- SCON - final products are supposedly sampling to customers, but ditto my AMSC comments
Again, Happy Holidays from CrowdWisers!