--- the subscriber area has no ads ---
IDT 4Q17 results +2
IDT's guidance for fiscal 1Q18 is for $195M in revenue +/- $5M.
This includes $15M from GigPeak and is slightly below consensus
excluding that figure. The only minor surprise in the call is the
mention of new custom memory interface product for a large cloud
provider, which should debut towards the end of the year. The
rest of the segment results that I highlight below are mostly
expected and well-understood.
- Automotive: grew 13%, due in part to cross-selling, expected to grow 20% as interested continues to grow in designing in wireless charging.
- Datacenter: grew 5%, should pick up due to Skylake. An analyst questioned why the company does not project some advance sales as others have. Management believes itself to be uniquely well-positioned and I would trust this management over others.
- Communications: declined 16%, more than the seasonal norm, due to Chinese a customer's RF inventory build surround trade restriction fears. That adjustment should be complete this quarter.
The conference call is ongoing, but I think that is likely to be the extent of the important information.
Integrated Device Technology has reported results for its fiscal fourth quarter of 2017:
Management highlights strong sales in wireless power, memory interface, and automotive sensor products, as anticipated. We'll see how guidance looks in the conference call, which starts soon.
- EPS of 35 cents, beats by a penny
- on revenue of $175.7M, which beats by $700K